Dorena Historical Society

Winter Barn

dscn4374

The Wicks Barn on Row River Rd near Rocky Point on a snowy day.  Joseph and Ida May Wicks and their six children settled here in 1894. The barn was built circa 1900. An old blacksmiths forge from the barn is on display at the Bohemia Gold Mining Museum at 308 S 10th St, Cottage Grove.

posted by dorenahistoricalsociety in Uncategorized and have Comment (1)

Some Early Photos of the Bohemia Mining District

The road to the Bohemia Mining District

Lund Park on the way to the mines

Another photo of Lund Park

The hotel at Lund Park

Musick Mine

Vesuvius Mine with Post Office

For more information about the mines, see the Bohemia Gold Mining Museum at

737 E. Main St, Cottage Grove, OR  97424    541 942-5022.

They have a great collection of mining memorabilia, books and photos.

posted by dorenahistoricalsociety in Uncategorized and have No Comments